📚 Recommended reads: #mindfultech library
We recently held our first-ever #mindfultech meetup and we asked our panelists to bring their favorite books about the topics on hand to share with the audience. And now we want to share them with you!
In true analog spirit, we created an actual browsing library, and the panelists even put notes on some of the books to explain why they chose them.
Books about technology
- The Best Interface Is No Interface: The Simple Path to Brilliant Technology by Golden Krishna
- Mindful Tech by David M. Levy
- The Power of Off: The Mindful Way to Stay Sane in a Virtual World by Nancy Colier
- Designing for Touch by Josh Clark | "I like the author's rugged good looks." –Josh (ha!)
Books about mindfulness
- The Mindful Manifesto by Dr. Jonty Heaversedge and Ed Halliwell
- Sit Like a Buddha: A Pocket Guide to Mediation by Lodro Rinzler | "An easy intro to a meditation practice." –Liza
- The Buddha Walks Into an Office also by Lodro Rinzler
- Turning the Mind Into an Ally by Sakyong Mipham
- The Compassion Book by Pema Chödrön and the pocket Chögyam Trungpa | "Pocket books! The iPhone alternatives." –Georgia
More books below. 👇
Books about the future... and the past
- Social Machines by Peter Semmelhack | "What happens when machines talk on our terms instead of the reverse?" – Josh
- The Design of Future Things by Donald A. Norman | "What might everyday things look like in the future?" –Josh
- 1984 by George Orwell | "A classic –– scary today, but still a must read." –Liza
- The Victorian Internet by Tom Standage | "This isn't the first time tech has transformed culture." –Josh
Books about connections + people
- The Lost Art of Good Conversation by Sakyong Mipham
- The Revenge of Analog: Real Things and Why They Matter by David Sax | Check out a recent post we made about David Sax.
- Reclaiming Conversation by Sherry Turkle | "How might we rediscover the breadth and depth of our own ideas?" – Josh
- How Soon is Now? From Personal Initiation to Global Transformation by Daniel Pinchbeck
Be sure to join the meetup group to find out about future events!
Most of the links above are affiliate links, when the cost to you remains the same but we get a tiny commission if you buy. Thanks for reading! x
At Mindful Technology™ we believe in building tech for a better world—and we teach precisely how to do that through our workshops, keynotes, and executive seminars. Join our growing community on Twitter or Instagram; or subscribe to our informative + non-salesy newsletter. 📱🙏🏽💻 (Prefer IRL? We do too! Join our meetup group.)